Friday, March 29, 2013

Getting Bored with the Grid

Dear Apple,

Love your products - I own an iPhone, MacBook, & AppleTV. Yes I'm a fanatic. I haven't yet bought an iPad cause I'm holding out for V.2 of the mini - with a retina display and a current processor - something that SHOULD have been released the first time - but Apple's standards have slipped IMHO - but I digress.

What I'm writing to you todays is the ubiquitous grid on all iPhones/ipads. BORING, sterile .. monotonous. It Strongly needs an upgrade. I don't know how you are going to dig yourself out of this one. You seemed to have ingrained it forever into the mac product line. I still think there is hope.

Here is a few ideas:

How about a zooming toolbar - like you have for the desktop. Where you can glide over tiny icons that zoom into view?

Maybe a desktop motif with spring loaded piles (also used in the toolbar on desktop?)

Anything other than the boring grid! Its getting old! I'm tired of looking at my 4x5 grid on my phone. And I think the grid on the iPad just looks silly. Not only is it way too spaced out and clunky - but the icons seem small for such a large screen. Why can't it be customizable? decide how many rows? how large of icon?

its been 5 years ... please give us some other option

No comments:

Post a Comment