Friday, March 29, 2013

iPad needs Infrared capacity

My mom bought a Samsung Galaxy (much to my chagrin) but it was cheaper than an Apple product and she wanted a tablet. So I played around with it a bit ... not a fan of Android at all - obviously. But one hardware feature that the Galaxy Tab has that the iPad does not ... IR capability. Now I just happened to 'stumble' upon this feature when I found a 'TV' app on the galaxy tablet and I must say I WAS impressed.

Easy set up - just type in the name of your cable provider and your zip code and then put in your TV model ... voila! One VERY SMART Remote.

Just scroll easily through the channels and see what is playing - RIGHT NOW. All with great images and graphics (a lot more fun that just a boring grid display. You can even tell your DVR to record a show.

Again - what happened to Apple innovation? Why didn't they think of this? Why doesn't the iPad have IR capability? Yeah yeah - I know what your gonna say - its got Apple TV connectivity through your ethernet connection  - BUT and there is a big BUT here ... thats great for controlling Apple TV .. but that doesn't include your Cable TV nor your DVR shows.

Again Apple ... you are getting left behind and in the dust on this one. Catch up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment